Full-time: 37.5 hours
Location: London, UK
Closing date: 24 January 2020 (09:00 GMT)
Interviews: W/C 3 February 2020
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate Senior Relationships Manager to lead on the development of our institutional and other funding relationships, and oversee the implementation of our fundraising strategy.
This is a crucial role within the organisation and involves building funding relationships with existing and new strategic donors, and working with the Director of Fundraising and Communications and other colleagues, to diversify funding streams. The Senior Relationships Manager focuses on generating unrestricted income through developing large, multi-year and strategic funding proposals, securing new funding relationships and managing a small but well-performing team.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
• Substantial donor management experience, including a proven track record of successfully securing multi-year grants from institutional donors and of handling subsequent reporting requirements.
• Good working knowledge of bi-lateral and multilateral donors, in particular those that support the international development/peacebuilding sectors.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and demonstrable experience of building relationships with strategic donor contacts.
• Excellent English verbal and writing skills, with significant experience of writing and developing funding proposals.
• Knowledge of fundraising/donor relationship management best practice and approaches.
• Solid management skills, including line management and project management.
• Good coaching skills with the ability to pass knowledge onto, train and motivate others.
• Strong organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage a varied workload and coordinate processes involving multiple people/teams.
• Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to take the initiative.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
• Experience of working with US/UK trusts and foundations and/or corporate or high-net-worth-individual fundraising.
• Experience of working in an international NGO with knowledge of international development or peacebuilding.