Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We have one vacancy at present.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB
- Finance Director
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours), London-based
- Salary: £51,016.84
- Contract: Perm
- 25 days annual leave and 3 Christmas office closure days and UK bank holidays
- Closing date: 09.00 am (UK Time) 12 November 2018
- Interviews: 16 November 2018
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and unflappable Finance Director to lead our fast paced and hardworking finance team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to oversee and manage all aspects of the organisations financial management with a budget of over £7 million and operations in over 10 countries, whilst also motivating, managing and developing the team.
The role leads on the following areas of responsibility, for full details please refer to the job description.
- Finance Systems
- Financial Management
- Budgeting and proposal support
- Filing, administration and internal communications
- Team Management
The following knowledge and experience is essential
- Professional (or progress towards) qualification in accounting.
- Knowledge of SORP accounting standards for charity accounts.
- Experience of using and improving organisational use of accounting software such as Access.
- Experience of working with and developing financial accounting procedures.
- Experience of leading the preparation of all aspects of statutory and management accounts especially for a charity or voluntary organisation through to accounts production.
- Experience of preparing project budgets and using cost recovery models.
- Experience of successfully managing a small team.
- Experience of handling all aspects of VAT within an organisation.
Applicants for this role must have the right to work in the UK.
Request for Proposals: Conciliation Resources new website development
- Demonstrate your understanding of our particular needs and requirements, and ideas of how you might address some of our challenges.
- Outline your approach/process to addressing the brief.
- Highlight your suitability to undertake this project, referring to any relevant examples of websites you have developed, and what you would uniquely bring to this project.
- Provide a full budget and cost breakdown for the key elements of this website redevelopment and an indicative timeline for the work.