Conciliation Resources is an international organisation committed to stopping violent conflict and creating more peaceful societies. We have one vacancy at present.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Salary £29,633.46 plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time 13 August 2019
- Interviews: 27 August 2019
We are seeking an IT officer to be the face of the IT function. This is not an average IT job, it requires not only technical skill but a people first approach to delivery. In return you will have a high level of autonomy and scope for developing the IT policies and practices. Although a team of two you will be a member of the broader Core and Operations team in a friendly, supportive and encouraging environment. This will be an interesting and fulfilling role for someone with a head for IT and a heart for peacebuilding.
Working with an external IT Manager the postholder will be responsible for (but not limited to):
Provision of IT support and facilities in a Mac-based environment
- Support, advice and troubleshooting
- Training and inducting staff
- Systems administration and maintenance
- Internal and external relationship management
Information and communications management
- Database maintenance
- Compliance and data protection
- Intranet and website assistance
Knowledge and Experience
- Reasonable technical knowledge of Mac operating systems for desktops and laptops, MS Office and database software, with a good appreciation of the uses and potential of IT and web technologies as information management and learning tools.
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite, including email, calendars and Google Drive, with knowledge and appreciation of Google Suite Administration.
- Sound working knowledge of website content management system software (preferably Drupal).
- Some knowledge and understanding of Mac and Linux operating systems for servers.
- Experience of providing troubleshooting support on IT matters relating to laptops, workstations, AV, network connectivity and servers.
- Experience with working with Apple Mac computers.
- Experience of successfully delivering training on technical issues to non-technical staff.
- Experience of maintaining and developing an organisation’s IT systems.
- (Preferable) Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering, over time, an IT strategy.
- (Preferable) In depth and demonstrable experience of maintaining databases.
- (Preferable) Experience of proactively introducing IT efficiencies into the way an organisation works and responding to its changes and developments.
- (Preferable) Experience of using content management systems to manage websites.
- (Preferable) Experience of working collaboratively with a diverse range of people.
- (Preferable) Experience of working in an NGO environment