- Duration: Permanent
- Full time: 37.5 hours
- Salary: £36,833 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Location: London
- Closing date: 9am UK time, 4 January 2022
- Interviews: w/c 10 January 2022
We are looking for a Senior Communications Officer to join the Fundraising and Communications team. The role would be ideal for a candidate who has solid experience in drafting content for a range of communication channels, along with strong writing, storytelling, project management and analytical skills. Having come from a communication background, the candidate will have a strong track record of working across multimedia and social media. Previous experience of working with, or engaging with the media is desirable.
The Senior Communications Officer is a dynamic and broad role which provides support and coordination across all areas of communications to ensure the implementation of Conciliation Resources’ communications strategies. This is done by developing content which highlights the organisation’s work and achievements for the website and digital channels; identifying stories and leads for storytelling and media pitches; creating communications campaigns and products that raise visibility among the public and media; managing multimedia libraries; coordinating specific communications activities and helping to ensure the smooth running of the Communications team’s activities, monitoring and reporting. The Senior Communications Officer develops a strong understanding and familiarity of Conciliation Resources’ values and activities to confidently advise colleagues on communications strategies for their projects.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- The right to work in the UK
- Previous experience in a Communications or related role.
- Extensive experience of writing for different audiences and for different communications channels.
- Knowledge of different communications approaches, including social media platforms and experience of communicating effectively via these platforms.
- Knowledge and experience of creating different types of content, including social media posts, articles and video/audio content.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to convey information in a compelling and concise way and to re-package complex or technical content in an accessible format.
- Good research and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project-management skills with the ability to manage small communications projects.
- Good computer and IT skills with the ability to learn new systems and platforms (essential), and the ability to use tools such as InDesign and iMovie (desirable).
- Experience of administration, including maintaining electronic databases and filing systems.
- Experience of working in a team and supporting others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with and influence others across a team and organisation.
- Well-organised with the ability to manage a complex and varied workload and juggle competing demands.
- Creative, flexible and self-motivated character with openness to new ideas.
- Interest in, and some knowledge of, conflict issues, peacebuilding and/or international development.
- Sympathy for and alignment with Conciliation Resources’ goals and values.
- Experience collating case studies, photographs and other materials for an organisation and maintaining a multimedia library (desirable).
- Experience of using website Content Management Systems, Google Analytics and/or Google Adwords (desirable).
- Understanding of the media and experience of securing media coverage for an organisation (desirable).