Project Assistant, Ethiopia
- Duration: Fixed term contract to 30 September 2022
- Salary: ETB 31,896.55 per month
- Location: Ethiopia
- Closing date: 11 March 2022, 09.00 UK Time
- Interviews: TBC
We are currently looking for a Project Assistant to join our team based in Ethiopia. This role supports the team in logistical, administrative and financial admin. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience working in a support position, processing financial information and an interest in conflict transformation processes.
The Project Assistant provides administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of the Ethiopia programme. The post holder will provide support to the team in Jigjiga, its liaison with partners, contribute to financial and narrative reporting and make logistical arrangements for programme implementation and events. The Project Assistant will be based in Jigjiga, reports to the Ethiopia Project Manager and will work with another Ethiopia Project Manager, Ethiopia Finance Project Officer and an Ethiopia Programme Officer based in Jigjiga, Ethiopia.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Spoken or written Somali and Amharic
- Intermediate English
- Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Experience of financial administration including processing finance reports, receipts or invoices, that requires a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of supporting the organisation of events, including providing logistical support to participants from overseas.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining filing systems.
- Experience of liaising with external partners and service providers.
- Ability to summarise and convey information accurately and concisely.
- Willingness to work irregular hours occasionally and to undertake occasional travel.
- Commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivities.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Good computer and IT skills, including experience working with Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email and the internet.