- Full-time: 37.5 hours
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: London-based with some international travel
- Salary: £39,659.32 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time, 16 October 2020
- Interviews: w/c 19 October 2020
We are currently seeking a Project Accountant who has an excellent attention to detail and is able to use their initiative to understand and resolve issues. The individual is required to have extensive experience of project accounting and experience of working in a busy accounting function. The ideal candidate will need to have good communication skills as they will be providing support across the organisation.
The Project Accountant assists the Finance Business Partner and the finance team in delivering an efficient business partnering function to other teams within CR. They work alongside the Finance Business Partner to support the delivery of timely finance donor reports, provide structured finance technical support and assist with generating monthly management reports.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Part Qualified Accountant and/or substantive working experience in NGO finance Experience of working as part of a busy accounting function.
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Determined and assertive and proactive; prepared to get into the detail to understand the problem and help find solutions
- Experience of Finance Business Partnering
- Experience of working in a grant funded environment
- Extensive experience of project accounting and donor reporting
- Proficiency in the use of Excel and major accounting packages
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience of management reporting