- Full-time: 37.5 hours
- Duration: 24 months
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Salary: AUD $66,256 plus 9.5% super
- Closing date: 15 January 2020
- Interviews: W/C 20 January 2020
- Requirements: Applicants must have, and will be expected to provide proof of their right to work in Australia.
We are seeking a motivated Programme Officer to support our peacebuilding work in Fiji and the Pacific Region. We are seeking a diligent and organised individual who has strong interpersonal skills, displays a high level of initiative, problem-solving skills and works well as part of a team. It is essential that applicants for this role have the right to work in Australia.
The Programme Officer will provide project implementation, administrative and logistical support necessary for an expanding programme of work in Fiji. The post holder will play a key role in liaising with partners across the areas in which we work, and in managing programme events and information. Reporting to the Pacific Projects Manager, the Programme Officer will be based in Melbourne and will undertake occasional travel to Fiji and the Pacific region.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
• Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team.
• Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
• Understanding of and interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
• Knowledge of, and interest, in Fiji and the Pacific region.
• Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining accessible filing systems.
• Experience of supporting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects.
• Experience of revising and contributing to the drafting of substantive reports.
• Experience of undertaking supervised research work.
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Experience supporting financial management including experience preparing budgets, monitoring organisational and partner expenditure and supporting financial reporting.
• Experience remotely supporting partners on the successful joint delivery of work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Willingness to work irregular hours and to undertake some international travel.
• Strong commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
• Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity.
• Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
• Graduate study or local equivalent or equivalent by experience in conflict resolution, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, peace and security.
• Ability and willingness to travel to Fiji and the Pacific and experience of hostile environment training or willingness to undertake hostile environment training.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, databases, email, internet.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
• Experience of working in the Pacific region