- Duration: Permanent
- Salary: £30,830.66 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Location: London
- Closing date: 9am UK time, Monday 28 June 2021
- Interviews: Wednesday 7 July 2021
We are currently looking for a Fundraising Officer to join our Fundraising and Communications team. This ideal candidate for the role will have prior experience of working in a fundraising team of a charity and will have knowledge of attracting new supporters for a cause. The role provides an exciting opportunity for someone to make their mark in fundraising. It will suit someone who is creative, enjoys new challenges, is an excellent communicator, and is passionate about fundraising and peace.
The Fundraising Officer will play a key role in supporting Conciliation Resources’ small Fundraising team to diversify funding in line with our 2020-25 Fundraising Strategy. This role will help to pilot, adapt and roll-out new activities to recruit and steward new donors, to expand our individual giving programme. They will also flexibly support and engage with other areas of fundraising – depending on emerging priorities – such as trusts and foundations, corporates and community fundraising. As a member of the Fundraising and Communications team, the Fundraising Officer will also feed into wider fundraising activities and strategy, supporting the team as needed.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a fundraising team of a charity, particularly working on individual giving, major donors, events or digital.
- Knowledge of general fundraising practices, approaches and environment.
- Knowledge of how to attract and maintain new supporters for a charitable cause.
- Experience of prospect research for individuals and/or trusts and foundations.
- Experience working on (digital) fundraising campaigns, as well as measuring, interpreting and evaluating campaign results.
- Experience producing resources and materials to support fundraising.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and appreciation.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills (essential), with the ability to write for different purposes, communicate persuasively and summarise complex information.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Creative character, with enthusiasm for innovation and testing new things.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data.
- Strong research skills and enthusiasm for detailed research.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to coordinate information and processes involving multiple people/teams.
- Strong computer and IT skills, with good command of Excel.
- Commitment to Conciliation Resources’ goals, values, work and approach.
- Experience developing cases for support and/or funding proposals.
- Experience organising fundraising or cultivation events.
- Experience creating compelling digital content (audio, images, video) and campaigns to recruit donors.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of digital platforms such as: fundraising CRMs, Facebook Fundraisers and audio, image and video editing tools.
- Knowledge of international development, peacebuilding or humanitarian work.
- Administration experience, including a proven track record of maintaining databases and office records.