- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Contract: 1 year contract with possibility of renewal – pending funding confirmation
- Reporting to: Director, Conciliation Resources EU / mediatEUr
- Gross monthly salary will be commensurate to experience in a range between 2,700 EUR and 3,500 EUR
- Meal Vouchers
- Contribution to a pension fund
- Holidays: 20 annual days + 4 days, Belgian bank holidays and office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- Closing date: 9.00 am (UK time), Sunday 1 August 2021
- Interviews: date to be confirmed
Applicants for this role must have the right to work in Brussels.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer to join CR EU / mediatEUr and support the team across Brussels and London. We are looking for a strong communicator who has experience of using financial accounting software’s in order to undertake various financial processes. With excellent numerical skills you will be able to demonstrate a high level off accuracy when inputting and retrieving data. The ideal candidate will have an excellent grasp over the French and/or Dutch language, of the Belgian payroll and VAT return system and experience reporting to institutional donors such as the EU.
Conciliation Resources (CR) EU / mediatEUr is located near the European institutions in Brussels, the finance officer would be based in Brussels. The finance officer would provide financial, payroll and administrative support to the office and the Director of CR EU/mediatEUr.
The Finance Officer will have responsibility for a range of finance functions and services. The role is responsible for providing technical finance assistance to the organisation including the Belgian VAT filing, the German fiscal declaration, the EU contracts CR EU/mediatEUr is a part of, the programme teams to ultimately support the delivery of the work of Conciliation Resources.
The Finance Officer works with the CR UK Finance Team to ensure financial information is accurately up to date on the CR online financial system. This is a key role in both delivering and assisting in developing our financial controls framework, processes and procedures and being able to respond and solve problems.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Graduate study or local equivalent by experience in accounting, business, finance or similar. Proficient knowledge of an accounting system.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (excel) and database software.
- Experience of using financial accounting software to maintain ledgers, prepare bank reconciliations, exporting data for subsequent interpretation and other financial systems to place orders or retrieve information to support budget holders and keeping organisation financial records up to date.
- Experience of undertaking a range of financial administrative duties including data input and retrieval.
- Excellent numeracy and accuracy skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer and IT skills, preferably in a Mac environment including Excel and Word. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent French and/ or Dutch verbal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of German is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Belgian tax standards regulations including payroll.
- Experience of handling financial reporting to institutional donors such as the DFAT and EU.
- Good problem-solving skills/innovative.
- Willingness to be self-servicing, with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Commitment to our goals and values.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified through experience or professional accounting standards / academic qualification in accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting standards for ‘Verein’ and ASBL accounting.
- Experience of handling an organisation’s payroll processes
- Experience of processing financial transactions for expenditure in multi-currencies.
- Experience of working with staff who are not office based on financial issues.