- Job Title: CSSF Support Officer
- Location: UK-based, with availability to come into the London office weekly
- Reporting to: Europe Asia Department Manager
- Duration: Fixed term contract until end of July 2023
The CSSF Support Officer will provide support over a fixed time period to Conciliation Resources to enable programme departments to respond efficiently and in line with Conciliation Resources values and approach to emerging requirements of potential commercial contracts, including under the UK Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF).They will work cross-organisationally to play a key role in supporting pre-existing working groups, including groups on partnerships and the programmatic work cycle. The post holder will work with colleagues across Conciliation Resources to facilitate programmatic inputs into operational processes, and will work closely with programmatic department colleagues to ensure processes efficiently enable Conciliation Resources’ peacebuilding work. They will provide operational and administrative support to these processes, and additionally to the Europe-Asia Department in support of project management. This is an opportunity for an individual with project management expertise in an INGO setting and interest in peacebuilding work, to play an important role in supporting Conciliation Resources’ grant and contract processes.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team, ideally in an INGO, working on peacebuilding/in conflict contexts
- Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
- Experience of providing support to facilitation and recording of meetings.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining accessible filing systems.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of providing financial support to projects, including experience preparing budgets, monitoring organisational and partner expenditure and supporting financial reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong commitment to, and experience of, team and cross-organisational working.
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of commercial contracts and CSSF
- Experience using Podio or similar project and data management software.
- Understanding of and interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Knowledge of and interest in contexts relevant to Conciliation Resources’ work
Downloads for this post Job description/ Application form 1/ Application form 2