Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We are currently recruiting for one vacancy.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB.
- Part time 3 days (22.5 hours) per week
- Fixed-term contract expiring 31 December 2017
- Salary: £28,201.42 (FTE) plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9am (UK time) Monday 31 October 2016
- Interviews: 10/11 November 2016
The role of Pacific Finance and Administration Officer is to support the Conciliation Resources’ Pacific team to implement peacebuilding programmes in the Pacific region. Particular emphasis in this post is on programme and project finance and administrative support, and monitoring and evaluation.
The post holder is responsible for providing project, financial and logistical support necessary for the implementation of the Pacific Programme’s work.
The Pacific Finance and Administration Officer under the direction of the Pacific Programme Director plays a pivotal role within the team, with significant responsibilities for programme-wide financial administration.
In addition, the post has a supporting role in ensuring compliance with contractual requirements. The postholder will also lead in managing both the organisation of specific programme events and programme information.
They will work closely with all the members of the Conciliation Resources Pacific Programme Team – The London based Pacific Programme Director, and the Pacific-based Projects manager, Bougainville Programme Officer and Fiji Programme Officer.
Candidates should have experience of:
- Experience of undertaking a range of financial administrative duties including data input and retrieval.
- Experience of working on EU funded contracts, including understanding reporting requirements in a multi-donor funded environment - desirable.
- Experience of working in a team support position with colleagues who travel frequently.
- Experience of working at a distance supporting the successful joint delivery of a project with partner organisations.
- Logistical support and event management experience - desirable
- Experience of handling diverse sources of information, and maintaining accessible filing systems that can be easily used by others.
- Experience of project management, particularly financial management, in an international context - desirable.
- A willingness to travel occasionally is also required.