Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We currently have one vacancy, one volunteer opportunity and one consultancy available.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB.
- Consultant - Development of peacebuilding e-learning modules for youth in Northeast Nigeria
- South Asia Programme Volunteer
- Pacific Programme and Finance Officer
Development of peacebuilding e-learning modules for youth in Northeast Nigeria
Our West Africa Programme is seeking a highly innovative and creative consultant or consortium to design an engaging e-learning course focusing on responding to violence and enhancing conflict transformation / peacebuilding skills. This course will be aimed at empowering a virtual network of youth in northeast Nigeria with the confidence and skills to take a central role in peacebuilding initiatives in their communities.
The course will be delivered through WhatsApp and will combine visually engaging and stimulating infographic ‘posters,’ interactive tasks and moderated peer-to-peer discussions. The course will be comprised of eight distinct modules on the themes of:
1. Introduction to peacebuilding and co-existence at the local level
2. Inclusion and tolerance
3. Role of youth in peacebuilding
4. Personal Safety and risk mitigation strategies
5. Conflict management styles
6. Engaging with others in a conflict: Security actors, government actor and other community member
7. Community awareness raising and mobilisation
8. Community Resilience
In the creation of the e-learning modules, there are two core strands of work:
- Design of the training course contentin collaboration with Conciliation Resources staff members
- Production of visually appealing and stimulating training materials(including infographics) that can be delivered through WhatsApp
We are happy to receive applications from individuals/teams applying for one of these two strands or consortiums applying for both strands of the work. The deadline for submission of proposals is 17.00 BST (London) on Friday 8 September 2017 and all proposals should be emailed to email@example.com.
Downloads for this post: Terms of Reference
South Asia Programme Volunteer
- Voluntary position, London based
- Average of 3 days a week for a 12-14 week period
- Travel (London zones 1-6) and lunch expenses (max £5) reimbursed against receipts
- Closing date: 9am (UK Time) 29 August 2017
- Interviews: 4 September 2017
Our South Asia Programme is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to support the team in hosting a month long Fellowship.
The Fellowship consists of five individuals travelling from South Asia and taking part in a programme of events in London, Birmingham and Edinburgh. The post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Liaise with the fellows and arrange the logistics of travel, accommodation, and preparation for the arrival of the fellows
- Financial responsibility- ensuring payments are sent to our finance team and that they meet the necessary internal and external requirements
- Supporting the month long programme for the Fellows including arranging meetings and trainings
- Support the fellows in completing their final reports of the Fellowship
The candidate will be offered the opportunity to attend the events in either Birmingham or Edinburgh in order to see the project through to fruition. Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English, good knowledge of standard Microsoft Office packages, and report writing. Knowledge of India, Pakistan & Kashmir conflicts would be desirable.
Candidates should have experience of, and commitment to administrative work, be highly organised, have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent attention to detail is required, as is the ability to work autonomously.
Pacific Programme and Finance Officer
- Full time (37.5 hours), based in London.
- £33,032 plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Fixed term contract to the 31 December 2018
- 25 days annual leave and 3 Christmas office closure days and 8 UK bank holidays
- Closing date: 9am (UK Time) 28 August 2017
- Interviews: 4/5 September 2017
Conciliation Resources is recruiting a Pacific Programme & Finance Officer to join the dynamic Pacific Programme team.
The Pacific Programme & Finance Officer will support the Conciliation Resources’ Pacific team to implement peacebuilding programmes in the Pacific region. The emphasis in this post is to provide the programme with financial, reporting, research and logistical support necessary for programme implementation.
The successful candidate will have experience in programme support including in financial administration and reporting, be proficient in the use of filing systems and databases, and preferably have experience in managing research projects. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential as well as excellent communication skills.