Strategic Plan 2020-2025
Violent conflict is difficult, complex and political. But peacebuilding works. Over the next five years, we will focus on improving the quality of peace processes and support to peace initiatives. This means applying, testing and learning from approaches that are inclusive, sustainable and transformative, and advocating the adoption of effective international policy priorities.
Our Strategic Plan is built around four major goals:
- Goal 1. Adaptive and alternative paths to peace Peacebuilding overcomes barriers to creating peaceful societies.
- Goal 2. Connecting people and peace efforts More coherent initiatives help prevent and reduce violent conflict.
- Goal 3. Inclusion, gender and influence Excluded groups influences approaches to building peace.
- Goal 4. People centered policy International peacebuilding support puts people first.
Our vision & purpose
Our vision is to transform the way the world resolves violent conflict so that people work together to build peaceful and inclusive societies.
Our purpose is to bring people together to find creative and sustainable paths to peace.
- Collaboration: we work in partnership to tackle violence, exclusion, injustice and inequality.
- Creativity: we are imaginative and resourceful in how we influence change.
- Challenge: we are not afraid to face difficult conversations and defy convention.
- Commitment: we are dedicated and resilient in the long journey to lasting peace.
UN Global Compact
Conciliation Resources supports the ten principles of the UN Global Compact with respect to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption and we pledge to participate in and engage with this initiative.