Our current strategic plan runs to 2020, and work to craft our future strategic goals are well underway. We will publish them here when they are ready.
Our current five-year strategy sets out how we will work to build peaceful and more inclusive societies. The complete strategy is available for anyone to read. Our approach builds on Conciliation Resources' organisational strengths and peacebuilding expertise, and responds to our analysis of what is needed to make significant contributions to preventing and transforming violent conflict.
The 2020 Strategic Plan is built around three major goals. These are to change the peacebuilding landscape so that:
- Causes and drivers of conflict are peacefully transformed. As a result of our support, relationships, governance practices and structures, and legacies of violence, which are obstacles to sustainable peace, are addressed.
- Approaches to building peace support inclusion. As a result of our engagement, expertise and resources, peacebuilding and conflict prevention practice is more inclusive.
- Policy is prioritising conflict prevention and peacebuilding. As a result of our efforts, relevant policymakers at international, national and regional levels make investments in long-term, non-violent approaches to preventing armed conflict and building peace, and in those working for peace in conflict contexts.
Our vision & purpose
Our vision is to transform the way the world resolves violent conflict so that people work together to build peaceful and inclusive societies.
Our purpose is to bring people together to find creative and sustainable paths to peace.
- Collaboration: we work in partnership to tackle violence, exclusion, injustice and inequality.
- Creativity: we are imaginative and resourceful in how we influence change.
- Challenge: we are not afraid to face difficult conversations and defy convention.
- Commitment: we are dedicated and resilient in the long journey to lasting peace.
UN Global Compact
Conciliation Resources supports the ten principles of the UN Global Compact with respect to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption and we pledge to participate in and engage with this initiative.
Discover more about how we work
With our courageous partners, and the vital support of our donors, we are helping people living with conflict to reduce and prevent violence in their communities. And we are guiding countries that have suffered decades of war, on to the path to peace.
Our approach to safeguarding, transparency and all our policies is guided by our vision of a world where people work together to resolve conflicts in peaceful and inclusive societies.