Duration: Fixed Term until December 2022
Full time: 37.5 hours
Salary: $89,820.97 AUD
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Closing date: 9:00 AEDT, 24th December 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 17th January, 2022
The Human Resource and Compliance Manager is a newly created management position, who will provide leadership in managing the compliance and human resource requirements of Conciliation Resources Australia. The Human Resource and Compliance Manager is responsible to ensure that Conciliation Resources Australia adheres to all legal standards and organizational policies both in Australia and in our overseas offices. They are expected to stay up to date with all regulatory and legal requirements and provide guidance to, director, managers and team members.
The Human Resource and Compliance Manager provides operational oversight and guidance to department staff, as well as overseeing human resources, office facilities, keeping people safe, risk management and compliance work as directed by the Operations Director. The role is responsible for refining and maintaining SEAP Department processes and systems required for all Human Resource and Compliance functions.
Reporting to the SEAP Operations Director, the Human Resource and Compliance Manager is an important member of the SEAP Department Managers Team and contributes toward department strategy and management. The position is based in Melbourne and may undertake occasional travel to our global operations team in London and, SEAP offices in the Philippines and Fiji.
As this is a wide-ranging role, the post holder is not expected to be an expert on all the relevant areas. Expertise in one area, with a willingness to develop knowledge in skills in the other areas is very welcome.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- A postgraduate university degree, local equivalent, or the equivalent experience, in Human Resources, Compliance or another relevant subject area
- Well-developed knowledge of relevant legislation including, governance, contract management, OH&S compliance and corporate affairs compliance
- Proven ability to manage HR operations and day-to-day human resource functions
- Experience of developing or adapting organisational policies and processes
- Appreciation of issues of confidentiality, and cross-cultural and political sensitivity
- Experience operationalising and managing office health and safety compliance
- Experience overseeing and performing office management tasks and procedures, including data management, procurement
- Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment and developing relationships remotely
- Experience in planning, running, and facilitating effective meetings and workshops.
- Experience overseeing and performing basic IT administration
- Experience supporting teams with safeguarding compliance, including receiving reports and supporting investigations
- Able to explain, advocate and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Experience working the Not-for-Profit sector
- Line management experience
Job Description - Application Form - Application Statement