- Duration: Permanent
- Full time: 37.5 hours
- Salary: £51,783.48 gross per annum plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Location: London or Brussels (local employment terms apply)
- Closing date: 9am UK time, 9 December 2021
- Interviews: Week commencing 15 & 16 December 2021
We are looking for a candidate with extensive knowledge and practical experience in the area of gender and peacebuilding to take up the role of Head of Gender and Peacebuilding. The successful candidate will have a track record of working across an organisation, advising staff and partners on the integration of gender into analysis, peacebuilding programming and working practices. They will have skills in training and facilitation of learning spaces, and experience in engaging with high level policy audiences and delivering research and analysis. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong communicator to play an active role in shaping Conciliation Resources approach to gender.
The Head of Gender and Peacebuilding is responsible for shaping Conciliation Resources’ organisational approach to gender in its peacebuilding practice, research, policy influencing and internal organisational policies and practice. The Head of Gender and Peacebuilding helps to ensure that Conciliation Resources delivers on the gender and inclusion outcomes set out in Conciliation Resources’ Strategic Plan 2020- 2025.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of gender and peacebuilding theory and practice.
- Extensive experience of providing practical advice, expertise and accompaniment to staff and partners in developing gender-sensitive peacebuilding programmes, with a strong intersectional approach to gender.
- Experience and skills in training and facilitation of learning in gender-sensitive peacebuilding practice.
- Experience of policy formulation, advice and successful high-level advocacy in the areas of gender, conflict, security or international development.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and experience in design, implementation and delivery of high-level research and analysis on gender and inclusion in conflict contexts.
- Ability to listen actively to and work with and support people from varying backgrounds and with a range of political, cultural, and value orientations.
- Understanding of the functional and strategic considerations facing an international NGO working in conflict-affected environments.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills and the ability to summarise and communicate complex information and arguments clearly and accurately; write for a variety of audiences; and excellent presentation and public-speaking skills.
- Experience of managing staff or consultants and the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, and to work collaboratively with a flexible approach.
- Experience and knowledge of integrating gender into organisational policies, systems and processes.
- Experience of programme or project management cycles, including design, budget development and management, monitoring and evaluation, learning and reporting.
- Successful fundraising experience.
- Experience of living in a conflict-affected context or understanding of one or more of the cultural contexts in which Conciliation Resources works.
- Other language skills relevant to areas of Conciliation Resources’ work.
- Experience of working with Mac operating systems.
- Willingness to travel overseas occasionally.