Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions replace all other terms and conditions previously applicable to the use of our website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Conciliation Resources’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 173 Upper Street, London N1 1RG. Conciliation Resources is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, registration number 03196482, and a charity registered with the Charity Commission of England and Wales, registration number 1055436.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user of viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only.
- It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and / or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any disputes arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales, and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any action, proceeding, claim, dispute or difference arising out of your use of our website or otherwise in connection with our website.
- Enabling our website to recognise your device so you don’t have to submit the same information several times during one task
- Bringing you content from our presence on other websites, such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
- Measuring how many people are using our website using Google Analytics, so we can make the website easier to use and ensure there’s enough capacity to make it fast to use.
How to control and delete cookies
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representation or warranties or any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Availability and Modification of our Website
We will try to make our website available but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and we can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, introduce, suspend or discontinue any aspects of our website or the content or services available through it, including access to it. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 December 2011.
What information we may collect?
We may ask you for the following information:
- your name and job title;
- your organisation;
- contact information, including postal and email addresses;
- demographic information such as preferences or interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and / or other activities or offers.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to send out information about our work and to reply to requests for information.
- We may periodically send promotional emails on topics you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online about you.
Making a donation
If you are making a donation, we will also ask you for financial information.
All payments made via the website, are managed by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF). This is a secure transaction environment.
Controlling your personal information
We will under no circumstances sell or lease your personal information to third parties and we will not share this information unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for contacting you directly, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or cr [at] c-r [dot] org (subject: Data%20protection) (emailing us).
We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Director of Operations
173 Upper Street
London N1 1RG
or email: cr [at] c-r [dot] org
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any queries or questions about privacy and/or security on the website please email webfeedback [at] c-r [dot] org (subject: Web%20privacy%20and%20security) (the webmaster).
We are continually striving to exceed users expectations whatever their particular needs. This extends to the way in which the company is complying with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
This website has been designed for DDA compliance.
We are pleased to meet W3C Accessibility Priority Level 1 completely and levels 2 and 3 where possible.
The contents, such as a photograph or document, of these pages are copyright © Conciliation Resources 2011. Where content has been published on the website with express permission of the copyright owner of such content, all rights to such content are subject to the conditions attached to such permission. If it is not clear whether such permission allows copies to be made, then permission to use such content must be requested from us.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal, educational or non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material, no modifications to the content are made and the particular content is copied in its entirety.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Notwithstanding the above, caching of this site is permitted by an information service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. Any enquiries should be directed to: webfeedback [at] c-r [dot] org (subject: Copyright)