Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
Duration: 5 months (1 January 2019 – 31 May 2020)
Total Days 32 days
Reporting to: Papua New Guinea Project Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant to provide support to the Papua New Guinea programme’s monitoring, evaluation and learning processes including a programme evaluation and support other relevant work related to M&E and reporting. Please see the downloadable terms of reference document linked below for full details.
Conciliation Resources has worked in the Pacific region since 1994. The organisation first worked in Bougainville (as autonomous region of Papua New Guinea) in 2001. Currently we work in partnership with the Nazareth Centre for Rehabilitation and the ABG Department of Peace Agreement Implementation as part of a programme of work with the aim of:
- Strengthening community analysis and conflict resolution mechanisms in Bougainville.
- Building the skills of key peacebuilding actors in Bougainville.
- Improving cohesion and collaboration between peacebuilding initiatives in Bougainville.
- Bringing peacebuilding knowledge from other post-conflict regions of the world.
Three or more of the following:
- Experience in working in the Pacific region, preferably in Papua New Guinea.
- Experience monitoring of projects, including knowledge of M&E methodologies, conducting interviews, data collection and analysis and utilising monitoring and reporting frameworks
- Implementation of projects, preferably international
- Practice or academic experience in peacebuilding
- Liaison with partners, organisation of workshops, meetings and events
- Sound writing, proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Report writing skills to a high standard
- Provision of strong administrative and logistical support in a team environment.
The post holder may be expected to undertake some travel to the region.
The post holder will be expected to be committed to CR’s safeguarding practices and positively engage with practices which help us all to keep people safe.
To apply for this consultancy, please submit:
- A short narrative (one A4 page maximum) detailing your suitability for this position in response to the Terms of Reference.
- your CV (two A4 pages maximum).
All proposals should be emailed to CR’s recruitment email address at email@example.com with the title ‘Melbourne PNG Programme Consultant’
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 6 December 2019.
Downloads for this post: Terms of Reference