Position Title: Consultant – Gender, Peace and Disabilities
Duration: December 2019 – February 2020
Reporting to: Editorial and Research Manager
Conciliation Resources requires the support of an expert in disability and peacebuilding to develop a short practice paper on ‘Inclusion of people with disabilities in peace processes: documenting practice’. Please see the downloadable terms of reference document linked below for full details.
In 2017, Conciliation Resources, Saferworld and International Alert, began a three-year research programme, the Peace Research Partnership (PRP), on key processes that contribute to peace. Funded by DFID’s Global Security Rapid Analysis (GSRA) the programme provides evidence-informed policy and programming lessons and recommendations to DFID, the UK Government and other peace, security and development actors. The programme runs until March 2020.
Conciliation Resources’ research and outputs focus on:
- how to support peace and transition processes to deliver inclusive outcomes
- how to support armed actors’ transition out of violence
- how to support gender-sensitive conflict analysis and programming in practice
- Sound knowledge and understanding of gender and disability inclusion in the peacebuilding, development and/or humanitarian fields
- Expertise in the human rights of people with disabilities particularly in the context of international normative and policy frameworks
- Experience of carrying out/evaluating policy and practice-oriented research on disability inclusion and drafting recommendations
- Excellent written English and ability to produce clear, concise and accessible text
The post holder will be expected to be committed to CR’s safeguarding practices and positively engage with practices which help us all to keep people safe.
To apply, please submit a proposal, including (i) short narrative (2 page maximum) detailing your suitability and approach to the assignment; (ii) financial proposal* for the assignment; (iii) CV (2 page maximum per CV). All proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of proposals is 18.00 BST (London) on Friday 29 November 2019.
* In your financial proposal please indicate your daily rate and the number of days anticipated to fulfil the assignment. Conciliation Resources will cover any travel-related costs incurred in the course of the consultancy.
Downloads for this post: Terms of Reference